Our yield this year was not that great, but the organic, homegrown Yukon Gold potatoes that we did harvest have that same amazing and creamy rich flavor and texture that we love so much! Paired with our homegrown organic garlic, the combination of organic and fresh ingredients from our yard cannot be beat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, skin removed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- ½ cup garlic minced
- 1 tsp Garlic salt (Lawry's)
- ½ tsp White pepper
- 1 cup Sour cream, light, tempered
- ½ cup Cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- Peel potatoes to yield about 2 lbs. then cut into 1" pieces.
- Rinse and cover potatoes with cool water in a medium sauce pan and add the 2 tsp sea salt. Bring to a boil and cook until soft or about 25 minutes. Drain well.
- While potatoes are draining melt the butter in the pan over medium-low heat and sauté the garlic. Season the garlic butter with the garlic salt and white pepper. Continue to cook and stir often for about 3 minutes. Do not brown the garlic; you are just looking to release some of the garlic flavor. Turn off the heat.
- Add the drained potatoes to the garlic butter and stir well to coat the potatoes. Mash the potatoes quickly but leave some chunks.
- Fold in the sour cream and the cream cheese.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.