This has become one of our favorite dishes lately and is actually a modified version of a Weight Watcher recipe we found in one of their annual publication recipe books. Our version follows a more traditional New Orleans BBQ style shrimp, and we have taken some of the sauce ingredients and increased the amounts because we cannot get enough of that yummy liquid to soak up with the French bread! This is an easy preparation and only takes about 30 minutes from prep time to sitting at the dinner table. Be sure to have plenty of napkins or even wet towels available to wipe up the sauce from your lips and hands as you peel the delectable shrimps.
Yield: 4 – half pound servings
3 Tbsp Butter
¼ Cup Garlic, minced
¾ Tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
3 Tbsp Crystal hot sauce
¼ Cup Rosemary, fresh chopped
¾ Cup Caesar dressing
4 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
2 lbs. Shrimp, shell on, headless, 21-30 count
¾ Cup Beer
1 each Lemon, sliced, seeds removed
1 Loaf French bread
- Pre heat oven to 350° F. This will be used to heat the bread later on.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and slowly sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, hot sauce, rosemary, Caesar dressing, fresh lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and stir well and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the shrimp and stir well and then add the beer and stir again.
- Fold in the lemon slices.
- Place French bread in pre heated oven to warm.
- Turn up the heat under the shrimp to high and stir occasionally until shrimp are pink and cooked through.