I want to welcome Leanne Vogel as she is the power behind the food blog Healthful Pursuit. Leanne is sharing with us a gluten and dairy free dessert bar recipe that is sure to please any palate, while these “Flirty Raspberry Fig Bars” look like a perfect Valentines Day tasty treat. Leanne’s blog highlights recipes that are dairy, gluten, corn, and yeast free, challenging her healthy cooking techniques without sacrificing flavor. Join me in welcoming Leanne as we follow in her journey to wellness!
Please join me in welcoming Leanne, of Healthful Pursuit!
Hello, fabulous CCR readers! This is Leanne from Healthful Pursuit, and I’m honored to be doing a guest post for the fantastically inspiring, and talented, Chef Ryan!
I’m a Holistic Nutritionist with a passion for creating tasty whole foods and allergen free recipes that contribute to a happy and healthy lifestyle. Just because a recipe is healthy, doesn’t mean it has to taste like cardboard. I’m a firm believer that healthy can be delicious, tantalizing, and satisfying, and that’s what Healthful Pursuit is all about!
I hope you enjoy the Flirty Raspberry Fig Bars I’ve prepared for all of you. They’re made with fresh fruit preserve, minimal sugar, and are gluten & dairy free to boot! Best part? You won’t even know they’re good for you. Mm-mm-mm
Flirty Raspberry Fig Bars
- 6 dried figs, stems removed, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh or fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sucanat sugar – you can also use brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Pinch salt
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper by cutting parchment paper lengthwise to fit, allowing the parchment paper to drape over the 2 sides. Oil remaining 2 sides with a dab of coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all preserve ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Once complete, remove from heat and blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Press crust dough into prepared pan and cook for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients except egg whites. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer, whip egg whites until white and frothy. Set aside.
- Remove crust from oven and spread preserve over top while still hot.
- Then, spread frothed egg white, top with almond topping.
- Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden [mine took 19 minutes].
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1hr before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
I want to thank Leanne for sharing this wonderful gluten and dairy free dessert bar treat! A perfect Valentines Day dessert for the loved ones in your family!